eFiling Software for Gig Economy
- eFile IRS Form 1099, W-2, W-9, 94X, ACA, and more
- Request, manage, and store W-9 forms securely.
- Supports state and federal filing
- Budget-friendly eFiling for all form volumes
- First in the industry to introduce AI copilot for 1099 compliance
1099 Software for Gig Economy
Gig workers, whether individuals or businesses, offer on-demand services for companies. Gig companies are required to provide a 1099 form to gig workers and to the IRS at the end of the year, ensuring proper documentation and compliance with income tax regulations.
Income from the gig economy needs to be reported on taxes, regardless of whether it is:
- From temporary, part-time, or side gigs
- Not recorded on an information return form—such as a Form 1099-K, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, W-2, or other income statement.
- Paid with any kind of money, goods, property, or virtual currency
Exclusive Features for Payers Relying on Gig Workers:
Bulk TIN Matching
Request W8/W9 Forms
Request and collect taxpayer identification number and other details from gig workers through W-9 or W-8 forms to verify TIN, name, address, etc.
AI chat assistance
Stuck somewhere? Our AI chat assistant is here to help 24/7.
IRS Compliant eDelivery
Download and Distribute 1099 Payer/Recipient copies
Tax Forms Required for Gig Workers
Reports payments made to gig workers for work provided. This is mandatory if the total payment for the respective tax year reaches $600 or more or if there was any withholding on payments to the worker.
Reports miscellaneous payments (rents, awards, etc.) and is also required if the total payment for the respective tax year amounts to $600 or more or contains withheld amounts.
Reports electronic payment transactions and third-party payment network transactions reporting thresholds are changing each of the next 3 tax years, and you should keep an eye on our blog to see how they progress.
File IRS forms 1099, w2, 940, ACA, and more with Tax1099. We also support state and federal filings.
Import Your Data from Our 12+ No-code Integration Partners
eFiling Process That's As Easy as 1-2-3
Sign up, select the form, and fill in all the required information.
Validate the entered information and make any changes. We also allow you to eCorrect your information
After validating the info transmit the forms to IRS securely in minutes.